RE: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:28:11 -0600
> It's been awhile since I've wandered any of the camera shops in Calgary,
> but I agree that the available selection wasn't all that much to write
> home about.  Vintage Visuals had the best selection, but treated us like
> dirt.  That's the first time in awhile I've been in a store and gotten the

> feeling I (and my money) wasn't welcome.

 Hm, I had almost the opposite experience; in there at lunchtime a week or
so ago, half-a-dozen customers and three people behind the desk, and they
still had no problem with pulling out lenses from the cabinet, letting me
try them out, and then spend five minutes fiddling confusedly with extension
tubes trying to work out what the heck was going on..

> There's another store right
> downtown (can't remember the name) that had a few things, but it was
> buried amongst the P*nt*x and N*k*n stuff.

 Might be Camera World (in a basement). Picked up a second-hand 1-1 screen
there for CDN$15; not in perfect shape, but still, it should come in handy
one of these days. Otherwise, not a lot; they had some part of the 250-shot
setup there, but I forget exactly which. The downtown branch of Nova has a
fair amount of bits; 200/f4, 200/f5, they had an OM2S with magic
flash-as-strobe attachment; there's an OM4 in The Camera Store (for $600,
which is reasonable but more than I wanted to spend at the time), and odd
bodies scattered around in various other shops.

 -- dan