Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 pros and cons

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 pros and cons
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:22:04 +0200
Hi,

After a little more playing around, I found significant differences between my
Winder 2 and my new Motor Drive 1.

First of all, the faster film winding makes the Motor 1 less noisy. Thats
trivial, but important.

Second, attached to a string and hanging like a pendule, my 4Ti plus 50/1.4
keeps more stable with the motor than the winder. There is a movement induced
by the torque, shutter and mirror, but not much.

So much for my attempt to justify my latest acquisition.

The big 18V grip however still bothers me a little. The remote cable allows for
keeping the thing in my pocket, but I find that the cable comes off the Motor
bottom quite easily. Is this a fault? There are two spring loaded mounting
catches. Have they lost their tension?

Regards

Bernd