RE: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:02:24 -0600
On 13 Aug 2001, at 9:28, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

>  Hm, I had almost the opposite experience; in there at lunchtime a week
> or so ago, half-a-dozen customers and three people behind the desk, and
> they still had no problem with pulling out lenses from the cabinet,
> letting me try them out, and then spend five minutes fiddling confusedly
> with extension tubes trying to work out what the heck was going on..

Hmmm!  Maybe they don't like tall red-headed guys???  :-)  We were in
there on a saturday afternoon, the store was empty, two people were
behind the counter (yapping with each other), and I could have hit them
with a rock and they wouldn't have noticed us.

I won't be back.

> > There's another store right downtown...

>  Might be Camera World (in a basement).

Yup!  That's the place.  As you say, it was picked-clean of Olympus
stuff.  Cori got a fantastic deal on a P*nt*x LX, though.  Come to think of
it, I should let *her* do my buying for me...  she *always* gets great
deal!  :-)))

> The downtown branch of Nova has a fair amount of bits....

Didn't got there.  They were closed by the time Cori got done haggling
at Camera World.

Anyway, like I said, don't bother coming to Edmonton to shop for
Olympus stuff.  Empty-out the Calgary stores, and leave the Edmonton
stuff to us locals!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca