Re: [OM] Air-to-Air Photography (wasYour opinion on 35-70's)

Subject: Re: [OM] Air-to-Air Photography (wasYour opinion on 35-70's)
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:38:09 -0700
At 06:38 AM 8/8/01 +0200, Chris B wrote:
>Just so Barry.  Now, what about this air-to-air stuff?  You have not
>mentioned this before.  What aircraft do you use and what do you
>photograph?

Hi Chris,

I am fortunate in that I freelance with a couple of aviation magazines here
- Aviation Canada and Aviator. In the course of doing stories on various
aircraft, operations etc I get the opportunity to do some air to air
photography. Last series were the Colonial Skimmer (the forerunner to the
Lake LA-4 amphibian) that I shot in June. We used a new Citabria as the
photo plane and shot the Skimmer both in the air and on the water. Previous
articles have seen me in a Cessna 185 shooting a Cessna 182 on Composite
floats (again both in the air and on the water) a Katana shooting other
Katanas (the DA-20) and a few others. Next week I will shoot a story on a
Lear 45 Charter operation out of Vancouver - not sure yet if we will get
any actual air to air on that one though. In the meantime this all keeps me
out of the bars!!!
Barry H