Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's

Subject: Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:04:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/01 5:54:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Obviously if you care about the quality of your images, primes are the way

In general I agree with Roger.  However an experience I had this afternoon
suggests that the context of the photography may dictate the need for a zoom
lens.  I set out to take available light photos of my 17 mo. old grand
daughter.  Like all children that age she is very active and does not sit
still for long.  I wanted "head" shots and had her in an area with very nice
back lighting for her blonde hair.  Had I been using a prime it would have
been more difficult to capture the fleeting moments in full frame.  Being
able to zoom in and out to achieve full frame was a big help.  Yes to the
critical eye the images won't be as sharp as those I might have taken with my
85/2 or other primes I have.  However the subject dictated, to me, that I
should use a zoom.

Dave Dougherty