Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's

Subject: Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:29:11 -0500
Roger,

If I came across condescending and rude (which I think I did), I apologize.
That was not my intention and my attitude recently has been affected too
much.  I clearly agree that it is the photographer, not the equipment.  I
suspect that if Ansel Adams had a disposable, and me with anything I choose,
Ansel's  shots would blow mine away.

I find that I actually use an interesting collection of lenses. If I had to
rank the first few in 'most used' order, it would probably be:

90/2
21/? (I've owned both)
35-70/3.5-4.5
50-250/5
85/2

The 90/2 because I love flower photography.  The 21 because it has such a
wonderful view of the world. The 35-70 for convenience, the 50-250 for
soccer and, oddly, the 85/2 for basketball.  It's dark in the gym and the
85/2 and 50/1.2 are perfect.

I was interested in your use of the 40/2.  It kind of  surprised me, as
while I like it, and it is somewhat rare (and pricey), it isn't as highly
respected as the 35/2 or even 50/1.8. What is it about the 40/2 that works
for you.

Tom

>        Please do not think that I am an elitist with cameras and lenses.
<snip>