Re: [OM][OT] Auto Quote

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Auto Quote
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:24:14 -0700
My take on this pro vs. consumer dilemma is that if
you are out there to make money, spend $2000 to get to
some remote site, while paying the mortgage back home,
you need to make all your shots pay. A large aperture
telephoto will 1/give you a higher percentage of
keepers due to higher shutter speeds used, and 2/let
you shoot later into the evening or earlier in the
morning. If you can double the number of salable
images, then that will go a long way to pay back the
trip costs and pay the mortgage, which remain fixed.
Notice that lens sharpness of "pro" versus "conmsumer"
doesn't enter into this equation (for discussion
purposes at least).

Warren

--- Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 >All of the recent discussions regarding primes vs
 zoom image quality reminds
 >me of almost daily posts on Photo.net where members
 often slam consumer
 >grade lenses in favour of big ticket pro models.

=====
Warren Xato

Could people who use the mindless automatic quoting of their software at least check it before sending a reply? I did not say the above and while there is little damage in this instance, I have had angry off line responses from people in the past who mistakenly thought I had said something I did not say. Better still, disable it and do it the old fashioned way.

Thanks for your consideration.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA