[OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?

Subject: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:34:29 +0100
Hi Dan

I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on this one, with simple explanations of the differences between models; so I just thought I'd add a personal opinion on each of the single digit models

Om1 - the classic, original, elegant, simple, all manual jewel

om2 - fine camera, but not my favorite (appologies to the several dozen list members who are now foaming at the mouth)

om4/4ti - the ultimate manual-focusing auto-exposure photographers tool; multispot metering has never been equaled; a joy to use, flash facilities v nice

Leaving - the om3 - too expensive (collectors locking them away), rare to find,few made, but .... all manual, multi-spot metering, wonderful shutter sound. In my hands, the best "feel" of all of them. Ti version crazy price for very little extra.

Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Clinical Neurology
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305