RE: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: RE: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:18:05 -0500
I've often thought that the feedback mechanism on eBay was, while a good
idea, somewhat flawed.  Retaliatory feedback appears to be the norm there.
It would be nice if the eBay folks could/would intervene in cases like this.

Another frightening thing is the seller that promises to leave good feedback
for someone only after they've left good feedback for him.  Seems to me that
if I'm buying something from someone, my responsibilities end when I mail
him the money, and I should receive positive feedback at that time.  It
works that way with some folks and not with others.

Adhering to this, when I recently sold a bunch of stuff on eBay, I posted
positive feedback for the buyers as soon as their check/MO arrived.

Sorry this happened to you, Tom.  I'd post a response letting potential
buyers know that this was indeed retaliatory feedback.  If I'm a typical
eBay buyer, I do research into the bad stuff.  Hopefully, others will too.