Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:25:08 -0600
If you go to the bottom of the first feedback page, there's a button there
that lets you see as many as 500 comments at a time.  You still have
to page through more than one page for sellers with more than 500
feedbacks, but it's better than 20 (or so?) at a time.

Sixty-three negative feedbacks is alot!  How many positives did the
seller have?  If I see more than one or two negatives, I read them all to
see if there's a pattern.  Often there is...  repeated comments of "Seller
misrepresented the item" or "Seller took forever to send it" are strong
hints that one should think long and hard before bidding.

By the way, I've always wondered why *Bay doesn't DO something
about sellers with repeated negative feedback that follows a specific
pattern???  They want their site to be a positive place for people to
buy/sell stuff, but they allow certain sellers to continually misrepresent
goods, fail to deliver, and/or otherwise take buyers for a ride???  Go
figure!

Regards,

Chris

On 9 Jul 2001, at 8:12, Bill Stanke wrote:

> Tom:
>
> Sorry to hear about your continuing misfortune on this.
>
> I think *-Bay should have a way to read all of the negative comments at
> once, rather than paging through endless screens of feedback.  The Yahoo
> auction sites lets you do this, and is very convenient.
>
> There was a seller recently that had a 200 mm f/5 that I would have bid on.
>  Unfortunately, the seller had 63 negative comments!  I bought one from
> Wall Street Camera instead, for considerably more dollars.
>
> Bill Stanke
>
> Tom Scales wrote:
> >
> > For long time readers, you'll remember that I had a buyer of my 18/3.5
> > back out on the deal.  He overbid and did it without his wife's
> > 'permission' and she made him renege on the deal.
> <snip>

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca