Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...

Subject: Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:55:23 -0700
on 5/22/01 9:37 AM, skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at
skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 ----> OK, it's the Yanks against the Brits.  Grrrrr.... <bg><bg> ;-)

 I don't think that a billingham would fit within his $100 price budget.

Mike, Don't you think they look like camera bags? I do, or at least maybe I know that many high-end photographers use these fabulous, leather-trimmed bags for their Leicas or Contax's. Certainly they are great products with copious
 amounts of padding.  You can't find better protection.  ...But anonomyous?
 I'm not so sure.

Yup.  I see them in ad's and imagine them overflowing with Leica glass and
Hassy bodies...  Maybe a Halliburton or two would look a little less
conspicuous :)

I do however need something larger than what I have (Tamrac photo-video 7)
I'm going to try and compare the Domke, Tamrac, and whatever brands I can
find locally.
I do like how the Tamrac's have a zip-close main compartment over the buckle
and velcro Domke bags.

As far as weight goes, I don't plan on carrying everything I own...  A
little extra space for a lunch or something would be even better.  I'd
rather carry one bag than two (which is what I do now)

Mike

I got a LowePro Orion AW for my trip to Thailand. It is neat because it held two bodies, 35-80, flash, several primes and accessories in the bottom. Top which is detachable holds lunch, change of underwear, jacket, travel toys for the airplane trip. Goes through security as a single carry on bag, but they separate when you just want to carry the camera stuff. Can be worn as a backpack, or carried with shoulder strap with or without the waist belt. A little more than $100, but worth it. Very comfortable carry.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA