RE: Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...

Subject: RE: Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...
From: "skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:37:28 -0400
----> OK, it's the Yanks against the Brits.  Grrrrr.... <bg><bg> ;-)

I don't think that a billingham would fit within his $100 price budget.

Mike,  Don't you think they look like camera bags?  I do, or at least maybe I
know that many high-end photographers use these fabulous, leather-trimmed bags
for their Leicas or Contax's.  Certainly they are great products with copious
amounts of padding.  You can't find better protection.  ...But anonomyous?  I'm
not so sure.

And I like your second opinion about the bag weight.  Don't underestimate the
effect.  For years in college and after, I carried a Tenba bag.  Ususally with
2 OM bodies and 4-6 lenses.  My shoulder dropped 1" after a few years.  Now my
back hurts when I carry even a moderately-loaded bag for more than 2-3 hours.
That's why I've gone to a belt system for long days at Disneyworld, etc.  It's
really saved me.

Almost everyone taking "normal" pictures would get better results if they
reduced the amount of bodies and lenses that they took.  The only exception is
rabid sports photographers, IMO.

Skip