Re: Sv: [OM] My OIVMPIIS

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] My OIVMPIIS
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:38:25 -0400
> The U.S., Liberia, and Myanmar (Burma).
>
> Did I win an OM-something???

Actually, I had heard it was Libya. However, given that I then had to
double check that they weren't the same place (they aren't), I'll
consider that to warrant a "close enough".

Interesting side note, I had heard some time after 1990 (can't narrow
down the year) that it was only 2 countries, US and Libya. Given that
Burma became Myanmar around that time I'm wondering if they also didn't
switch to metric at that time. However, since I never was able to
confirm that, I went back to the 1990 figure which I had confirmed.

Honestly, I hadn't come up with a suitable prize. One thought would be 3
toy dinosaurs, labeled as US, Libya (Liberia?) and Burma. But that's not
really OM related. Another thought would be some kind of outdated piece
of OM gear but I know of no such beast (it's all still good!).

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx