Re: [OM] My OIVMPIIS

Subject: Re: [OM] My OIVMPIIS
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:19:54 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> There is special paint to restore the characters:
> http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/e_paint.htm

I have a set of those lacquer sticks, and although they do sort of work,
it's nowhere near as good as the original paint.  The sticks are more of
a paste, sort of like a really soft crayon, and they really only work well
in narrow deep spots like the f stop markings.  For the larger spots like
the word OLYMPUS, they're useless. I'd really like to know what Olympus
uses to fill in those areas.  I've had some success using the Testors model
paint carefully applied using a needle.  It's not perfect and it's very
difficult to get right, so I'm sure there must be a better way.
                                        -mark