Sv: [OM] My OIVMPIIS

Subject: Sv: [OM] My OIVMPIIS
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:21:03 +0100
Hi Kelton,

I had the same problem with my OM4ti - there was no white paint left on the
mirror housing. (after all, it as a pretty bargain).

What I did was follows: because I did not want to cause any irreversible change
to the (black) paint structure of the body, I used acrylic paint (white, in my
case). I think this kind of paint can be removed easily when neccessary. I
filled the recesses with a thin brush and made shure there was enough of it. I
removed the excess paint with a rubber tool, which I made by cutting an erazer
rubber into two with a sharp knife. Thereby I got a flexible tool to wipe away
the paint. I waited for some minutes for the paint to almost dry, and removed
the rest with a wet tissue.

Now my OM 4 Ti looks alright again. You might remove the rest of the remaining
black letter paint before applying the acrylic paint in order to get a unique
colour. You should also consider that the chrome finish is somewhat more roght
than the black paint that covers a black OM4ti. Therefore be extra careful to
remove any excess paint.

Hope this might help you,

Bernd