[OM] [OT] Babies and such

Subject: [OM] [OT] Babies and such
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:28:35 -0600
RE: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new additionI actually can't answer the direct
question, but in the case of our oldest daughter (both our daughter's are
adopted), she was born around noon on a Saturday and WE took her home from
the hospital about the same time on Sunday and then had to drive 3 hours
with our newborn.

Even worse, both my wife and I were completely clueless about babies (she
was born three weeks early, one week before our parenting class).  We were
just completely confused.  Luckily, babies are hardy....

Tom

From: William Clark

Is 24 hrs. common practice in the U.S.??  If it is, I find the practice to
be quite irresponsible.  Even if the birth goes perfectly with no
complications, it takes time for mother and daughter to bond.  Here in
Canada, the provice of Ontario legislates that 3 days are mandatory in the
hospital.  This godd for first time mother.  On June 1, 2000 my wife and I
had our first child (daugther).  Since the hospital was not busy, we got a 6
day stay which was excellent.