Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition

Subject: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:22:20 EST
Congrats on all of your successful deliveries!
What I was saying was 24 hrs is too soon to tell if all is indeed well, and
if it will stay well. Of course, many many deliveries are uneventful, so it
wouldn't matter if the stay was 12 hrs or 4 days.  Here in NJ, many mothers
and babies were rushed back to the hospital a day after being sent home when
complications arose that would have been noticed in hospital had the stay
been more than 18 or 24 hours. It must have been occurring often enough to
require action by the State legislators.
It's like the guy who says his OM hasn't had a CLA in 25 years and still
purrs like a kitten. . Good for him! Is that the expected norm? No.

George S.