Re: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:27:47 -0800
At 12:14 PM 3/15/01 -0700, Chris O wrote:
>George S. <ClassicVW@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Just because it's 'common practice' doesn't make it a good thing, and it
>is
>> NO indication that anyone was doing well.
>
>To paraphrase what someone just said in relation to OM-40 bodies, "I can't
>speak for every birth that occurs on the planet, but..."  (Grin!)
>
>I didn't mean to imply that "springing" new moms within 24 hours is either
>good or bad in a general sense.  I only meant that they would NOT have let
>THIS mom and baby out that quickly (whether it's generally "good" or "bad"
>to do so) if she or the baby *obviously* had problems arising from the
>delivery, and THAT is a good sign!

While I too think it is early my daughter and granddaughter were both doing
very very well. Fortunately Grandma was there to help take some of the heat
off and this is their second child. Can't imagine what a young couple with
no assistance and their first one does (then again we did albeit after
several days in the hospital). The Health Office in Edmonton had a nurse
out within 24 hours of their being home - she spent several hours with my
daughter and baby ensuring everything was ok. The nurse provided a 24 hour
number in case of problems and had called back (by phone) 72 hours after
her visit to see how things were going. Care in the hospital was excellent.
My daughter even wanted some shots of the nurses etc as a reminder for both
her and our granddaughter.
Barry H
PS - Chris I used the RC later when they both came home.