RE: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition

Subject: RE: Re: [OM] Announcing - a new addition
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:15:45 -0500
Is 24 hrs. common practice in the U.S.??  If it is, I find the practice to
be quite irresponsible.  Even if the birth goes perfectly with no
complications, it takes time for mother and daughter to bond.  Here in
Canada, the provice of Ontario legislates that 3 days are mandatory in the
hospital.  This godd for first time mother.  On June 1, 2000 my wife and I
had our first child (daugther).  Since the hospital was not busy, we got a 6
day stay which was excellent.