Re: [OM] life span of OM's

Subject: Re: [OM] life span of OM's
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 17:36:06 -0800

I've got an OM-2n that I bought new in 1980 that has been around the
world with me twice.I've got between 5000 and 8000 slides taken on that
camera,and those are the ones I kept. I've dabbled in surf photography
in Australia, hiked and backpacked all through the Rockies and Cascade
ranges,trekked from Mombasa,Kenya to Lake Victoria and back,wandered
Karachi,Pakistan for 2 weeks, and worst of all, my kids birthday
parties. It has a little brassing around the film holder and on the
bottom plate and thats about it. It's never had a single problem and
still has the original foam on the light seals. If cars were made like
this, Ford and GM would be out of business. I'm gonna break down one day
and send it to John for a CLA, I just hate the thought of parting with
it. Hopefully when I die, one of my kids will use it to take photos at
my funeral.

later,
mike m.