Re: [OM] life span of OM's

Subject: Re: [OM] life span of OM's
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:02:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, james olson wrote:

> In my opinion, I don't think there are too many professional photographers on
> this list that rely on photography for their livelihood.  Almost every piece
> of Olympus equipment I have bought used, looks new........ So how many people
> really use it, as opposed to talking about the equipment?  I don't take as
> many
> photos as I would like, but after a year, most of my camera equipment shows
> signs of wear, and I am careful with it.

James,

I am not at home (I spend the better part of my life travelling for work -
had about 200 travel days, or so last year) hence I do not have my records
ready at hand. However I will estimate that I pull about 400 films through
my OM's per year. The better part of these through two trusty OM2s/p's

Of course, I always bring (at least) one camera whenever I travel
somewhere, and I try to find time on my travels to explore photograpic
opportunities. I usually get around to developing the negatives
immediately upon my returns home. Now, if I only had time to also print
the photos aswell......I have a backlog of a not insignificant size....

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)