Re: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:16:57 -0600
WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I suppose the design specs for Zuiko lens set forth that xx mm. of
> lever movement corresponded with yy aperture stop down. But with zooms and
> third party lens the aperture actually set would effect the end shutter speed
> (compared to the displayed speed) in an unknown amount.

More from Michael Huber that may have some relevance:

"It is, of course, quite nonsensical to use lenses with fixed apertures
or lenses which are not able to transfer data in the PROGRAM mode. Long
lenses also are not particularly suitable and you have to take care that
the program mode does not turn in a camera-shake mode. According to the
general rule you should use not slower than 1/250 sec with a f/5.6,300mm
telephone lens.... Olympus also warns that you could encounter
difficulties for lenses over 250mm. This may be attributed to the fact
that the mechanical transfer path for the calculated aperture value for
the OM-2 SP's program mode is too long.  Your pictures will not be
incorrectly exposed ... but it would make no sense to use this kind of
pre-programmed aperture lock."

Joel W.