Re: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:29:49 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 9:08:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx writes:

> I guess by 'two-stage metering system' they mean the two mirrors? I know
>  there's the two-stage meter or photocell, but I don't understand how that
>  would involve a "delay".
>
>  George S.

I think that this mean the "Program" part of the metering system. I think the
system takes a general metering level, shuts it down to some aperture, double
checks the exposure, sets the shutter speed and then fires the shutter. It
would have to go through the double check stage because the camera body
cannot tell the lens to set an exact aperture but can only do so by using the
aperture stop down mechanism in a specific manner.

This brings up a question I have always though about but never tried out in
the field. Will the use of non-Zuiko lens somehow cause inaccuracies in the
actual f stop used per the OM-2S graph? There is a graph somewhere that shows
what aperture and shutter speed are used in the program mode per a given EV
level. Would this be different for non-Zuikos?

Speculation is encouraged here along with more knowledgeable responses.

Warren