Re: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:56:26 +0100
: This brings up a question I have always though about but never tried out in
: the field. Will the use of non-Zuiko lens somehow cause inaccuracies in the
: actual f stop used per the OM-2S graph? There is a graph somewhere that shows
: what aperture and shutter speed are used in the program mode per a given EV
: level. Would this be different for non-Zuikos?

The manuals of the OM-2S and OM-40 say regarding program mode under 'other
cautions':

"When the OM-2S [OM-40] Program is used with other brand lenses, Olympus can not
assume any responsibility for poor image quality or other problems. This is
particularly true when other brand lenses are used in PROGRAM mode."

I'm not sure how serious one must take this warning. I think it only applies if
the aperture mechanism including the levers of the lens does not operate as
smoothly as Zuiko's.

Wether Cosina zooms are included in this warning is unsure ;)

hnz