Re: [OM] OM-2s Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s Question
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:35:22 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 10:43:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> "...if zoom lenses are used it could happen that the exposure time
>  displayed in the viewfinder might differ by as much as the equivalent of
>  a full aperture stop to the actually used time.  But this should not
>  present a problem in shapshot photography which, after all, is the main
>  application of the program mode" (p. 49).
>
>  Is this getting at the issue you have in mind?
>
>  Joel W.

Exactly. I suppose the design specs for Zuiko lens set forth that xx mm. of
lever movement corresponded with yy aperture stop down. But with zooms and
third party lens the aperture actually set would effect the end shutter speed
(compared to the displayed speed) in an unknown amount.

Warren