Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:57:35 -0800
Laugh if you will, the only camera gear I ever had stolen was out of my house
while I was on a climbing tirp! Personally when I travel I really don't worry to
much about theft. I take reasonable care and just get on with enjoying my trip.
I just spoke with a friend who travels to Italy every year, and he feels htat
the theft issue is way oveplayed. In the cities, you are in a city like any
other in the world and theft is a greater risk, but most places he says that he
feels theft is less likely in Italy than the US. As for the cities, he said he
would much rather be in Milan than New York or LA from a crime standpoint.

Jim Couch