Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:18:11 -0800
If it were me, having used a Leica in the past that stolen out of my
home, not on a trip, I would go with the Leica M4 if it had a least
the clip on MR meter.  I would take the Summicron 35/2 and the 90/4
Elmar. Camera around neck, extra lens in pocket.  You will be covered
in 950f the pictures you want to take. Better hand holding too in
cathedrals, etc., without the auto diaphagm on the OLY.

If separate meter is the only alternative it becomes much too fiddly,
I think.  Then I would go with the OM2, the 35 and the 100. Or if you
get the zoom(I highly recommend the 35-70/3.6), the you might want to
carry the 28 and the 100 for something a little wider for tight
interior spaces and a little longer to pick out a detail like a villa
on a hill. Maybe the 50/1.4 for dim light.

Instead of getting the zoom, why don't you either get the MR meter
for the Leica or replace your Zuiko 35/2.8 with an F2(handhold at
1/30) for tight spaces and available dark and just take that with the 100/2.8. Very light, simple and unfiddly. No real need for a camera bag, just a couple of pockets or a belt pouch in front.

Since this style tends to leave a camera dangling around your neck you might tape a wire to the inside of the strap to prevent its being cut.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA