Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:14:14 +0100
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 11:41:20AM -0800, Peter A. Klein wrote:

 Peter,
I guess you can enjoy your vacation better, when you know your Leica on a
 save place at home, so I concentrate on the Olympus system.

I´ve good experiences traveling with a medium wideangle and  short tele: 35+85.
Your 2.8/100 and the 2.8/35 would be a similar pair, but the wider 2.8/28
would be preferable in your case. Especially when you carry a  backup camera
 with  35-110mm zoom. When you`re lusting for more speed, I´d consider to
replace the
2.8/100 with one of faster standard lenses.  So I´d take 2.8/28 + 2.8/100 or
2.8/28 + 1.8(1.4)/50, and the Konica. Then you`ve only one body and two lenses,
which is good for storage, and easyer to look after.

Frieder Faig