Re: [OM] Anybody know (or ever deal with) this person???

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody know (or ever deal with) this person???
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:37:08 -0700
Earlier today, I was wondering 'bout the condition of this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1207877884

Many folks commented that it could be reflections or other things
besides damage or use and, upon looking taking a closer second look I
agreed.  Btw, the item closed where it was sitting when I raised the
question...  US$113.50 (CDN$171.48) which  most (but not all)
commenters felt was on the high side.

Anyway, the saga continues...

I go to enter this auction into my database, tonight, and lo and behold I
discover this is the fourth time the item has sold since November 2000.

"No big deal," you say.  "He's had problems getting his reserve price."

Aaaaahhh!  But that's the catch!  For all four auctions, there was NO
reserve!  And, I went and checked his feedback and the feedback of the
previous buyers, and I find NO feedback related to the auctions in
question.

For anyone who wants to take a look, here's the auctions:

Item #496803107 sold at US$107.50 (CDN$166.81)
Item #511645758 sold at US$82.23 (CDN$125.65)
Item #1204150662 sold at US$96.00 (CDN$143.88

Anybody have any ideas about what's going on???  Personally, I'm
stumped!

Thanks, in advance, for any comments offered.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)