Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:11:51 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:
>considered a Harley until very recently. I had always had Hondas, and lusted
>after BMWs. And the brakes are among the best in the market- twin discs in

Oooh, man, you should see the CHP (California Hihghway Patrol)... it was
Harley & BMW in the final bidding.. BMW won out. Man those bikes are
/sweet/! What i would do to get meself a sport-touring beemer (beemer is
bike, bimmer is car ;))

>couple of times, and my ass literally slid back completely off the seat! I
>feel I could do a wheelie with no effort- and it's a 700 pound bike!

say, is it true that as you aproach the torque peak in 1st gear, yout
automagically pop a wheelie unless you lean forward to counteract that? or
is that true only for sportbikes (aka crotch rockets)>

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01