[OM] OM Tank Bag (was ltwt bikes)

Subject: [OM] OM Tank Bag (was ltwt bikes)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:39:50 +0100
Volkhart

This may not be what you intended, but Billingham bags, the better ones, have loops top and bottom to accept the backpack harness. You could get them to fit to a normal tank bag base surely? Billingham make many different types of decent bag, all of canvas and leather but pretty weatherproof.

Chris
... whose social secretary and travelling companion won't let him look at bikes again - I could have bought a tax-free small HD in Incirlik for only $5,000 :-(.

They do, indeed, seem smoother, but as yet they still have to prove they're
more reliable - they simply haven't been around long enough to do so. And
didn't you mention that yours still loosens screws in items you carry in
your saddle bags? I've taken OM's and XAs on tours of several thousand kms
(partly in a tank bag, partly in my Givi trunk - by the way I'm still
thinking about the best way to make a tank bag insert to accommodate my
OM-equipment) and my FJ never did anything of that kind to them.
--
~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker