Re: [OM] Re:Oly s**tlist-Lex is on to something here...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Oly s**tlist-Lex is on to something here...
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:18:52 EST
In a message dated 1/24/01 3:46:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< OTOH, your idea for starting an OM mailing shitlist might work.  We could
 use it to discuss, buy and sell fungussy Zuikos, lenses with dented filter
 rings, bodies with mashed prisms, etc.

 Lex >>

Lex, our first installment is the "everyone's worst eBay experience"-this
could be a huge hit.
Mine has to be the Tokina 17mm that showed up in Jan 2000 weeks and weeks
late only to be so foggy and oily in the elements, that I sent it back to the
seller to show him what I thought.
Well, he fixed me.  He now has my $150 AND the lens - 12 months later!! I
still write him occasionally to pitch him crap and to hear his excuses.  He
says his repairman went fishing (really said it) and that it takes time to
recoat the lenses properly.... 12 months and counting.  I heard Leica cools
their glass for 3 years so maybe I have a leica/tokina/olympus lens coming in
2 more years.  It still won't fit my Olympus.
Maybe in 2 years there will be a Leica/Olympus hybrid body mount and this guy
is really  saving me trouble.
Is it too late to give him Extra positive feedback?
John R