Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:48:19 -0500
John R said:
<snip> I am the owner and am on the s**tlist of many on the list because
didn't offer it here first with a set price. (Can I start an Olympus
Mailing
s**tlist? ) <snip>
John, since I was the one to take you to task let me apologize for not
realizing you were new to the list and didn't know the "rules".  Some
time ago there was considerable discussion on this list about the
"rules" for selling here.  The concensus was that this was not an
auction site.  If you want to sell at auction you should got to ebay or
elsewhere.  If you want to sell to the list you do so by offering a
fixed price.

The important point here is simply that it's not another auction site.
Nobody expects you to sell here first or to give anybody a special
deal.  Particulary with, as you say, "the Big White One".  If I owned
"the Big White One" I'd be trying to get everything I could for it.  I
think others would probably agree and you probably could have found lots
of very experienced help here on estimating its value... all without any
expectation that you would sell it here or give anybody a great deal.

No, you are not on my s**tlist.  And besides, I don't make the rules,
that was just my interpretation.  Others may not agree.  I'll stand by
my "bizarre" selling method comment though. I just didn't understand
attempting to auction something in two places.  Still don't.  But, like
I said, I don't make the rules.

Hope you stick around awhile and glad I haven't chased you away.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA