Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:20:48 -0700
On 25 Jan 2001, at 6:03, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> READ your sentence- "You no longer want to sell your item." NOT- "You no
> longer want to sell it on ebay."

Okay, you got me there on that one.  But, tell me, how is e-Bay going
to know (or enforce) the person not selling it (period!) if they withdraw
the auction???  Is an e-Bay cop going to come 'round your house in a
few months to see if you still have it?  Do they have e-Bay spies reading
every paper in the world to make sure you never place an ad for it in the
local rag?  Will they monitor all your phone calls just in case you might
try to sell it over the phone to a friend?

Yeah, you're right...  that's silly!  So, for all practical purposes "no
longer sell your item" implicity means "no longer sell it on e-Bay."

Anyway, my point was that John was apologizing for suggesting he
might do something that e-Bay allows....  stop his auction early.
Therefore, there was nothing for him to apologize for.  And, given that
the item is *his* until it's sold, IMHO he has every right to do so.

Others, including you, might disagree and that's okay.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)