Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 350mm F2.8
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:58:55 EST
Don't fall all over yourself apologizing for ME, please. I must have missed
the message where John was "ripped", but as I understand it, John posted the
lens here without a price, apparently didn't get any bites on it, and then,
the next thing he posts is that the "lens is on ebay so we can see a picture
of it." and he'll stop the auction early if he gets a number he likes (from
us, I assume).
Well, isn't this a couple of 'ettiqutte" violations?
A. He posted it here
B. Apparently didn't get an inquiry with a number he liked
C. Posted here again and said we can see it at the following ebay auction
(still no   price range stated)
D. Said he'll stop the auction if he gets a number he likes.

What about the poor sons of bitches that may have bid on ebay only to have
the auction stopped because he got a nice offer somewhere else? Shouldn't he
honor the ebay auction and see it through and see who may yet bid down the
line, THEN entertain offers? How can you entertain an offer if it's already
on eBay?
Yes, when he posted it here that he had a desire to sell a 350/2.8 I
contacted him because he said he'd entertain offers of trade. I never made an
offer, and he never made one of his own to me, this was a prliminary contact.
Then next thing I know- bang, bang, bang it's posted at OM-Trader, posted
here again, and already on eBay. Sounds like he's in a very big hurry. That's
not the way to sell something in the what? $4000 range, and especially to
someone who may not know who the hell you are.
I'm not attacking John, really, just pointing out to you that there's no 100%
black and white, right and wrong as your apology makes it seem. There's
several points of view here, I'm sure; and none (including my own) is 100%
"right".

Regards,
George S.

coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Those people are WRONG, John!  The do NOT have ANY say in how or
 where YOU decide to sell YOUR equipment or, for that matter, how
 MUCH you sell it for!  That's up to YOU, and ONLY you, to decide!

 In fact, please allowl ME to apologize to YOU on behalf of everyone on
 this list (probably 990f the membership) who are SHOCKED and
 dismayed at the way you've been treated!  >>