Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:24:57 -0700
On 8 Dec 2000, at 11:22, Garth Wood wrote:

> That would be me.  Chris (and any other List members in or around Edmonton,
> Alberta, Canada) you can still get Varta V625PX's at McBain's Camera (any
> location, but the 107th Avenue store is the best-stocked, and it gives you
> an excuse to go and ogle their new digital section [they've been
> renovating] -- the E-10 combined with the Oly dye-sub printer is an awesome
> combination!).

McBain's has the E-10 and dye-sub on display?!?!?  Holy, sh*t, Garth!
Why didn't ya SAY so?!?!?  Jeff (my favorite McBain's salesperson) said
weeks ago that they "might" get it in, but I hadn't heard anything since.

Anyone wanna guess where *I* can be found tomorrow morning?!?!?  :-)

> I bought a box of 10 V625PX's not too long ago, and only have two left.  At
> the time, they were selling for $5.95 CDN + GST, with no discounts for a
> boxful.

They're still $5.95 CDN + GST, and there's still no discount for buying in
quantity.  Last I heard, McBain's had 'bout 90 in stock throughout the
city and in Red Deer.  The downtown store had 'bout 10 on the wall
when I was in there today buying an SR44.  I was tempted to buy them
for that "Collector's Item" e-Bay auction I'm planning for a few years from

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)