Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:09:54 -0700
On 8 Dec 2000, at 13:04, RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I tried the Excell. The ones I bought measured 1.45V. Your best bet is
> to buy the Varga 1.3 mercury batteries. Gary Schloss has some for sale.
> Seems I also recall someone said that they were still available in
> Canada. One Canadian list member mentioned finding some for sale in a
> local camera shop.

LOL!  That was ME, Robert!  :-)))

Actually, I think I have it figured out, now.  (FINALLY!!!)  John
Hermanson is gonna send me a "sleeve" to adjust the size.  Until that
arrives, I'm going to see if I can find an "O-ring" as suggested by Rand
E.  I bought a Maxell SR44 (it says it's a "357" equivalent on the label)
to use once I get the "O-ring" but John's sleeve sounds like the perfect
permanent solution.

Again, thanks to ALL who offered information, advice and suggestions!
Now, back to discussing the price of gas, greenhouse gases, and other
more important stuff!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  If anyone does still need Varta 1.35 mercury batteries, there's still
a decent supply here in Edmonton.  The dealers here say that when this
supply is gone they won't be able to get anymore, because Varta has
stopped production.  They cost CDN$5.95 each (about US$4.00 or so,
depending on the exchange rate at any given moment), plus whatever it
costs to mail them to you.  'Nuther words, I'm not marking them up

Get 'em while they last!  :-)  (Relpy OFF-LIST to
mailto:coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx please!)