[OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:39:17 -0800 (PST)
Chris O'Neill wrote:
Here's the reply from the camera tech regarding the PX625A battery.
comments, anyone?

On 7 Dec 2000, at 23:28, Vitoarmani@xxxxxxx wrote:
(snip)
> I know the Alkaline is not powerful and lasting as the
> Silver-Oxide, but in OM-1 case it will last a long time, because it
only
> powers the light meter, everything else is mechanical.
AFAIK, it's in the light meter where the trouble arises with an
alkaline cell. The voltage will decline as the cell is used up, no
matter how long it lasts. This will give inaccurate meter readings,
beginning, I would guess, quite a short time after fitting a fresh
battery. So, if the cell lasts 2 years in an OM-1, that could mean you
get 2 years of progressively worse meter errors!

Regards,

=====
Ray