Re: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: Chris.O'Neill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:00:27 -0700
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Paul D. Farrar <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The PX625A is not suitable for the OM-1, even though the battery
> guidebooks in stores like Walmart will say it is.

That's what I thought.

> If the camera has been modified to drop the voltage...

It has.  That's why the PX625A is in it.

> ...it may not cause damage, but its bad discharge curve will cause
> meter readings to change with time.

Not good!

> If the camera has been modified, a 357 with a sleeve will work better.
> I don't know of a Ag battery the same size.

> 1. Wein Zn-air 625. www.microtools.com and many camera stores
> 2. 675 Zn-air with sleeve. www.olympusguy.com
> 3. CRIS MR-9 or similar adapter with 357 or MS76
> http://www.criscam.com/ or www.zuiko.com
> 4. Camera modification equivalent to 3 above with 357 or MS76
> www.zuiko.com

Thanks, Paul!  I appreciate the info!  I'll look into the Zn-air 625 or the 357
with a sleeve.  One question, though...  doesn't the "sleeve" drop the voltage
of the 357 from 1.5v to 1.35v???  If so, that's not good as the camera has been
modified to take 1.5v so the lower voltage would mean wrong meter readings....
right???

Sorry if my repeated questions are beginning to bug people.  I'm in my "elder
years" (hitting the big FIVE-OH next year...  SIGH!), and I'm just not "getting
things" as quickly these days.  I want to get it right, as I've paid good money
to have the camera fixed up purdy-like.  I sure DON'T wanna go and bust it
again!

Thanks, again...

Regards,

Chris