Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:34:20 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:51:16 +1100, Andrew Fildes wrote:

>I now face a serious ethical dilemma. The uncle of a friend died recently.
>He had collected about 50 cameras, I'm told - I have been asked to come
>over and assess them for the family as they know I have some knowledge. How
>do I act - as a friend? As a dealer? If there's Oly gear there do I buy
>cheap and resell to you guys below market? Hmmmm. It's probably a box full
>of old, rusty, Kodak folders but....

Speaking as someone who brokers commodity deals for a living, I can
tell you that what you should strive to do is find the magic price at
which the seller makes a decent profit, the buyer gets a bargain, and
you walk away with enough money to justify your effort. That number
isn't always easy to find, but it is there.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com