Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:51:16 +1100
Jim
Please reread carefully what I said. I was suggesting a reason why some
people might object, with justification, and I used the pronoun 'we' rather
extravagantly. I too have behaved "like a dealer" - without prejudice - but
with restraint within my own community.
Emails lack 'tone' - that's one of the problems and one of the causes of
flame wars. People see slights where none may exist and next, you've got
the Hatfields and McCoys (did I get that right? - it's not my historical
context). Some believe that 900f communication, face to face, is
non-verbal.
I also suffer from time zone dislocation - it's hard to stay in message
sequence when you're at least half-a-day out of kilter of the main
discussion. So apologies for any slight on my part, through lack of timing,
care or tact.
I now face a serious ethical dilemma. The uncle of a friend died recently.
He had collected about 50 cameras, I'm told - I have been asked to come
over and assess them for the family as they know I have some knowledge. How
do I act - as a friend? As a dealer? If there's Oly gear there do I buy
cheap and resell to you guys below market? Hmmmm. It's probably a box full
of old, rusty, Kodak folders but....
Andrew