Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:47:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Kiker, James wrote:

> 16mm f/3.5 Zuiko full-frame fisheye lens.
>
> Black OM-2.

I know that for-sale postings have been a touchy subject in the past, and
I really don't want to open that can of worms again, but I can't let this
posting go by without comment.  The general "rule" that's been more or less
agreed upon is that personal for-sale postings are ok, but commercial postings
are forbidden.  This one kind of falls inbetween.  James just purchased this
lens and body off of eBay (see auction 467425170) a few days ago.  He's now
trying to use the list to sell these items for a considerable profit.
Personally, I feel this is wrong.  I'm all for seeing the for-sale postings,
I really love them, but I feel that this is going beyond the "personal"
aspect of the rule.
                                 -mark