Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:50:51 -0700
Andrew, do I understand you correctly, that it is ok for a dealer to
make a
profit, but not someone else? The tone of your post seems to indicate
that making
a good profit is somehow wrong, that dealers may stoop to this level,
but not
private individuals. If I recall, in a free market economy the seller
sets the
price, if potentiol buyers fiond that price objectionable they can pass
on it.

If the thing had not been on eBay, none of us would have known how long
he owned
it or what he paid for it, you would not have known wether he paid $5.00
for it at
a garage sale or $500.00 at a shop. He offered the lens to the list, if
folks
think the pricing is to much or unfair, then they can just pass.
Ultimatly an item
sells for what the buyer and seller agree it is worth. what you paid for
it has
little to do with it. this works both ways, I am trying not to think
about what I
paid for the two lenses I am selling on eBay, when I see where the
bidding is
going on them it just hurts to much! :)

I don't think that a list member is obligated to 'cut a deal' to other
list
members, some may do that, but I don't see anything wrong with pricing
at fair
market value, or even above if you wish to.

Personally I am a strong believer in free enterprise. I firmly believe
that the
ONLY stipilations on adds for the list should be:

A)    They are clearly identified as FS posts so those who have no
interest can
ignore them.
B)    The poster clearly identify if they are an individual or dealer.
C)    The be adds for Olympus or Olympus compatible (after market
lenses, ect)
items ONLY.
D)    A given add is only placed once.