Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:36:55 -0700
Ray Moth wrote:

> John Hudson wrote:
> (snip) Any lens on the 4T and the Lunasix meter produced identical
> readings. Any lens on the 2n produced a reading with one stop less
> exposure. The Lunasix reading showed one stop more exposure vis-a-vis
> the 2n exposure. The 2n just came to me from a reliable source and I
> have no doubt that the meter is correct. Maybe the battery is on the
> fritz I thought.
>
> I wear glasses. When I pulled my eye back from 2n viewfinder I saw the
> meter needle rise even though I had not moved the camera or the grey
> sweat shirt. I removed my glasses and moved my head so that my eye was
> tight up close to the viewfinder. Voila ......the meter reading then
> coincided with that of the 4T and the LunaSix.
> John, I think you might be experiencing the delayed response to a
> change in light level of the CdS cell used in the OM-2n for the meter.
> The meter can give you a misleading reading unless you wait for it to
> settle down, which can take a second or two. The same applies to the
> OM-1(n). Later OM bodies (2s, 3, 4) use silicon blue cells for all
> light measurement purposes, with no delay in response. (The OM-2(n)
> uses silicon blue only for OTF metering during the actual exposure).
>
> Regards,
>
> Ray

Ray ..... Thanks for your reply. I am presently running some experiments
to gauge the extent of the light leak issue if indeed it is an issue at
all.

I just heard on the news that someone let off a very large firecracker
right outside the stock exchange with the loss of several lives. I trust
that you and yours and all those around you are unscathed.

Best wishes

John H