Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:26:49 -0600
On 7 Sep 2000, at 11:04, John Hudson wrote:

> QUESTIONS.........is this normal experience with the 2n? I assume that
> light was leaking back through the viewfinder into the meter and thus
> closing down the aperture by one stop or more.

Don't know about the 2N, but that's what my plain-ol-2 does.  My (soon
to be going to a new owner) OM-10 does the same thing.  I just
assumed this was "natural" for the Olympus line.  'Sides, I'm not overly
worried cuz don't the camera to the "right" exposure off the film plane at
the point the shot is taken???  So, if I'm seeing something that's off cuz
of the way my eye it's the viewfinder, it don't matter....  right???

> If this back leakage of light through the viewfinder is a fact of life with
> the 2n [it is not with the 4T] does Olympus or anyone else make an eye cup
> suitable for someone who wears glasses?

I'd be interested in this too, as I'm a spec wearer.

Regards,

Chris