Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:53:59 -0700 (PDT)
John Hudson wrote:
(snip) Any lens on the 4T and the Lunasix meter produced identical
readings. Any lens on the 2n produced a reading with one stop less
exposure. The Lunasix reading showed one stop more exposure vis-a-vis
the 2n exposure. The 2n just came to me from a reliable source and I
have no doubt that the meter is correct. Maybe the battery is on the
fritz I thought.

I wear glasses. When I pulled my eye back from 2n viewfinder I saw the
meter needle rise even though I had not moved the camera or the grey
sweat shirt. I removed my glasses and moved my head so that my eye was
tight up close to the viewfinder. Voila ......the meter reading then
coincided with that of the 4T and the LunaSix.
John, I think you might be experiencing the delayed response to a
change in light level of the CdS cell used in the OM-2n for the meter.
The meter can give you a misleading reading unless you wait for it to
settle down, which can take a second or two. The same applies to the
OM-1(n). Later OM bodies (2s, 3, 4) use silicon blue cells for all
light measurement purposes, with no delay in response. (The OM-2(n)
uses silicon blue only for OTF metering during the actual exposure).

Regards,

Ray