Re: [OM] Zoom questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Zoom questions
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 01:32:03 GMT
I'll second Tom Scales' nomination for the 75-150/4 Zuiko. I've had one a relatively short time and love it. Covers exactly the ranges I typically shoot at without burdening me with excess size and weight. It has the diameter of a normal lens, is a little more than twice the length and weight. Very satisfactory resolution and contrast.

My Vivitar Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5 varifocal (67mm filter size) is a Clydesdale by comparison - huge, heavy, way off-balance on the petite OM-1. As good as the lens is, I'd rather have the slower but smaller 35-70 Zuiko.

Lex
===

I'm re-entering the Olympus world after a
long absence.  I'm trying to get back up
to speed.  I purchased an OM-1 with
50mm 1.8 and 28mm 3.5 lenses.

Previously I had a 100 2.8 that I liked
alot.  However I have grown