Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??

Subject: Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 02:03:10 +0200
On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 08:10:21AM -0400, Skip Williams wrote:
> For all the times you'd actually use a 35 Shift (yes, I have one), you
> should consider using a 21mm or 24mm and correcting the perspective issues
> digitally.  I use Panorama Tools http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/,
> which will correct even a 16mm fisheye's image to rectilinear.  It will
> also remove pincushion and barrel distortion.  It's a lot cheaper than the
> hassles you're contemplating (it's FREE!).
>
> Skip

Hi Skip,
This looks like a very interesting tool. I like that they also offer it for my
prefered image manipulation program GIMP. Already accquired it. When I bought
the 24mm Wide angle I also tought that it
could take the job of a 35-Shift. But now I´m more in slide Photograpy.
Now it seem`s that I`ll have to trade my equipment for a slide scanner .....
<g>.
Or I`ll prove my patience.

thanks,
Frieder Faig