RE: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??

Subject: RE: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??
From: Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:08:29 +1000
On Sunday, June 25, 2000 10:38 AM, John A. Lind [SMTP:jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx]
wrote:
> The price (about the equivalent of $550 USD) is at the upper end of what
> I've seen in the U.S. for the MC versions (dealers, not eBay).
>
> I think the trade-in you were offered is *not* a good deal though.  I
have
> to agree with Gregg!  Get a shift if you are doing a fair amount of
> architectural work, including monuments and statues, and have found a
> _need_ for one.  In spite of regularly using a 35/2.8 shift, I would not
> have traded any existing gear for it.

Frieder

I would also agree with John's statement above.  I think that this is
another area where Olympus has let us down - the 24 shift is too expensive
and the 35 is not quite wide enough in a lot of situations where you need
shift.  It would have been nice to have a 28 shift (as per Nikon) in the
Zuiko lineup, at an in-between price  - I'm even sure Olympus would have
made more money out of this.  I wonder how many 24 shifts have they sold?

Cheers
Ross Waite