Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??

Subject: Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:42:27 +0200
Yo,

on Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:41:08 +1000, Dylan wrote:

>Really?? And I thought the australian dollar was crap at the moment at
>59 US cents!
>The last time I was in Germany (1995), the aussie dollar and the DM were
>roughly equal in value, at about 70 US cents. I didn't realise the DM
>had gone down the toilet too!

The DM would be fine if it weren't for that absolutely worthless,
butter-soft Euro. You are witnessing a historical event here - so far,
whenever currencies were replaced they were soft, unstable ones, and the
replacement was done in the hope of getting something better, and knowing
that at least it could not get worse. This is the first time that a good,
rock-solid currency is being replaced with a soft, useless one. I think,
based on the people I've discussed the topic with over the last few years,
that most of the folks over here saw it coming, but our Government insisted.
IMHO, as a general tendency, politicians don't come any dumber (though I
wonder to what extent what they do is due rather to personal greed than to
mere dumbness) than what we've had recently, and things even worse after the
last elections (as was to be expected given who now has the power as a
result of these elections).

Sorry for OT, but this is an issue that, peaceful as I normally am, just
sets my blood boiling...
Let's get back to OM-topics.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart